Monday, January 19, 2009

Say hello to...Thai food.


When I was in Thailand last summer I had the opportunity to take a course at the Phuket Cookery School. If you plan on going to Thailand, I definitely recommend taking a cooking class. You'll find that a lot of Thai dishes are actually gf, and the ones that aren't can be easily changed to suit the gf diet. I've also found that this course helped me in knowing what dishes I can order when going to a Thai restaurant. Keep in mind that western countries often 'tweek' a few ingredients in Pad Thai to suit the pallets of westerners.  Soy sauce (which often has wheat) is not used in Pad Thai in Thailand. However, in Canada and America they'll often add some soy sauce and tomato sauce to make the taste less fishy. The original sauce in Pad Thai is simply fish sauce, palm sugar, and a little lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment