Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Say hello to...gluten-free crepes.

Before I went on a gluten-free diet, I would often enjoy my dad's AMAZING crepes. They were light, tasty, filled with protein, and great to pack-up for a snack at work. Since I've changed my diet, my dad has tweeked the recipe to fit my dietary needs. Here it is:

Ingredients
4-6 eggs
250ml cottage cheese
1 tsp McCormick vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk/almond milk/soy milk
1 cup of rice flour/gf oat flour/gf flour mix (without xantham gum)

1. Spray light oil coating on pan. Preheat pan on medium heat.
2. In a blender combine eggs, cottage cheese, vanilla extract, oil, milk, and flour.
3. Make sure mixture is blended well and slowly pour mixture into pan. Use the handle to turn the pan, spreading the mixture around. Once edges are brown, turn to the other side.
4. Mix a little sugar with some fresh fruit and serve with the crepes.
*Add a little sugar for dessert crepes.

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment