Friday, March 27, 2009

Say goodbye to...Clinique.

My title may seem a bit harsh, but after 10 years of diligently using Clinique products I have finally decided to say goodbye. Once I was aware of my intolerance to gluten, I immediately went through my cupboards, clearing any traces of gluten. I soon realized that makeup could also have gluten. I contacted Clinique regarding each beauty product that I currently owned and was sad that most of my items contained gluten :( I always knew that lipstick could have gluten, but had no idea that mascara, eye shadow, eye cream, and face lotion could also have it. Rather than spending my time continuously contacted companies, I'd rather use products that are clearly gf!

2 comments:

  1. You should try Afterglow Cosmetics. It's 100% gluten free. They have been recommended by Celiac.com and Living Without Magazine.

    Best of all the entire Afterglow Cosmetics line is 100% gluten free so you don't have to pick through ingredient labels.

    The founder's mother and sister have celiac disease so I think that this company takes the gluten issue more personally.

    Here's their gluten free statement:
    http://afterglowcosmetics.com/gluten_free_cosmetics/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Nicole :) I've mentioned Afterglow Cosmetics on my blog before but haven't had the chance to try it yet. I'm currently using Everyday Minerals Cosmetics, but plan on trying Afterglow once I run out of my current makeup stash. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete