Friday, May 1, 2009

Say hello to...chickpea spinach curry.

After boiling too many chickpeas, I wondered what to make with them all. I looked in my fridge and decided that I needed to make something with spinach. I didn't have any curry powder in my cupboards, so I decided to use the Asian Home Gourmet Korma Curry spice packet. It worked wonderfully. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 yellow onion
1 pack of Korma Curry/masala curry mix/blend of curry and cumin
1 can of crushed tomatoes or 1 1/2 cups of fresh sliced tomatoes
1 cup of mushrooms
1 can of chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups of chickpeas (soaked overnight and boiled)
1 cup of fresh baby spinach
2 tsp of fresh coriander

1. Heat the oil in a large pan or medium pot. Add onions, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.

2. Stir in spices until fragrant. Mix in tomatoes, mushrooms and chickpeas, and cook for 20-25 minutes.

3. Stir in baby spinach and cook until completely wilted. Sprinkle coriander all over.

4. Serve with warm brown rice.

* You can add red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment