Friday, July 17, 2009

Say goodbye to...Starbucks valencia orange cake.

As quickly as it came, it is now gone :( Although I never did get to try it over here in Seoul, this is sad news for the gluten free Starbucks community. The gluten free moist valencia orange cake that came out in spring, is no longer available at Starbucks. On Twitter, Starbucks said, "We heard that it was too much of a treat, and not a nutritious snack. The @KindSnacks bar is replacing it." Fruit and nut bars definitely don't go with coffee like a moist scrumptious cake does. Not happy with this? Tell Starbucks what you think about this! After all, it was your voice that got us this cake in the first place, right?! Until then, if you feel a craving for this delicious treat and have time on your hands, make your very own valencia orange cake.

For those of you loyal readers, you'll notice I'm not posting a recipe like I normally do on Fridays. This Starbucks news is well in need of being circulated for the celiac community ;)

3 comments:

  1. I don't even like anything that is flavored orange but I was at least happy that they had a gluten-free option and was hoping they may have several options... Sad! I was wondering where it had gone the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we celiacs aren't allowed to have treats? What the heck? I love a good treat as much as anyone else. I don't want to go to Starbucks to have a "healthy snack" I want to go to have a goey treat, like every non-celiac person in the place. I'm not a freak that has to eat twigs and stems. I just can't eat gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I loved Starbuck's Valencia Orange Cake, although I must admit to wishing they did a slightly healthier Gluten Free Treat! My question is: why can't they do both? Surely the market for fruit and nut bars and indeed orange cake extends beyond the Celiac community?...

    On another note, I love your blog - I've added you to my blog roll on Can Eat! :)

    ReplyDelete