Friday, August 14, 2009

Say hello to...eating gf in thailand: tip #5.

Tip #5: Sign-up for a Thai cooking class so that you become more familiar with the ingredients in Thai dishes. You can sign up for these classes at any tour agency or hotel in Thailand. Last summer I did a course at Phuket Thai Cookery School near Phuket Town in Phuket. The outdoor kitchen was big, clean, and located on a private beach. We learned how to make an appetizer, 3 main dishes, and a dessert. I brought my own soy sauce and oyster sauce for the cashew chicken and pad thai dishes, and rice paper for the spring rolls. After cooking we could enjoy all our homemade dishes with a spectacular view. Just yesterday I took another cooking course at Mercure Hotel Patong. I was the only one signed up so I had the chef's undivided attention to answer all my questions :) I highly recommend taking a cooking course!

The view from the kitchen at Phuket Cookery School.

Cooking the filling for spring rolls at Phuket Cookery School.

No comments:

Post a Comment