Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Say hello to...eating gf in thailand: tip #7.

Tip #7: Bring your own sauces to the restaurant. It's possible to find restaurants with waiters/waitresses that speak excellent English and can understand your intolerance to gluten after an explanation. In this case, you can enjoy Thai stir fry's that are replaced with your own gluten free soy sauce or oyster sauce. I found such a great restaurant at Patong Beach that catered to my gluten intolerance needs that my husband and I would go there everyday, sometimes for two meals. I will write about this restaurant later. Of course, only do this if you feel they completely understand the seriousness of the matter, and know that they use freshly cleaned pans for each dish. I found a gluten-free oyster sauce made by Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine at Carrefour grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment