Monday, August 10, 2009

Say hello to...eating gf in thailand: tip #3.

Tip #3: Stay near a Carrefour grocery store. At Patong beach there is a large shopping centre called Jungceylon. Not only is Jungceylon a fun shopping centre, but it also has a Carrefour grocery store. Because the tourists are mainly from Europe and Australia, there is a lot of European food at Carrefour. I was in shock when I stumbled upon a variety of labeled gluten-free foods that are imported from Australia. Here's what I found: Fantastic rice crackers, 2 Organic Ville salad dressings, Basco Apricot and Apple cereal, Basco chocolate muffin mix, Basco gluten-free flour, Basco pancake mix, and Basco pizza and pastry mix. There's also a few foreign brands that make Thai packaged food and list all allergens, including gluten. So not only can I use some of these foods to snack on while here, but I can also bring home a whole lot of gluten-free foods back to Seoul with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment