Monday, January 26, 2009

Say hello to...Everyday Minerals makeup.


I couldn't believe it when I found out that the majority of my eye shadows, mascara, blush, and lipsticks contained gluten in them. I realized this after contacting the companies of the makeup I currently owned. I decided to search for a company that had a gf cosmetic line so that I wouldn't have to contact every company about their products. I discovered that Bare Minerals, Afterglow Cosmetics, and Everyday Minerals all had a gf makeup line. After looking at all 3, I decided that I liked the ingredients list in Everyday Minerals more, it was more affordable, and they had a great starters kit and free sample kit. Not only does it look natural, but it feels great and stays on all day.

2 comments:

  1. That's really interesting that you liked Everyday Minerals more. I tried Bare Escentuals first and it made me itch. I later found out that the Bismuth Oxychloride in the BE is what caused the itching. I also tried Everyday minerals and just didn't like the way it made me look plus - they don't have a lot of GF makeup that I absolutely need like mascara (duh) lipstick and lipgloss. Afterglow has it all, it is ALL gluten free. Plus the founder has a personal connection to women with celiac disease so I just trust the products more and I like the fact that they are made with certified organic ingredients (Every day and BE are not). I love, love the foundation and I hear that they are coming out with new GF organic lip glosses soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info- that's really good to know. I originally wanted to try Afterglow the most, but with living out of the country and with the dollar so low it was a lot more expensive for me to order from them and get it shipped to Korea. I definitely plan on purchasing Afterglow the next time I'm in the States. I too, was disappointed that Everyday Minerals doesn't have mascara or lipgloss. When I contacted them about it they said that they haven't yet found the right ingredients to perfect it.

    ReplyDelete