Friday, May 29, 2009

Say hello to...garbanzo chocolate cake.

When I saw this recipe on All Recipes I instantly wanted to try it. I couldn't imagine the combination of chocolate and garbanzo beans tasting well together. So I gave it a try and was absolutely amazed at the results.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs + 1 egg white
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp guar gum/xanthan gum
1 tbsp powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease and flour cake pan.
3. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds.
4. Combine beans and eggs in a blender and blend until smooth. Add sugar and baking powder, and guar gum, blending again. Finally, add melted chocolate and blend once more. Pour cake batter into cake pan.
5. Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick or fork comes out smooth when inserted. Cool 10-15 minutes.
6. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! The only experience I have with garbanzo bean flour were REALLY bad cookies and cupcakes that I made when I first started out gluten-free.

    I had no idea what I was doing, so I suppose I should stop blaming the flour and give your recipe a try. Way to twist my arm into chocolate cake!

    - Dana

    ReplyDelete