Monday, June 1, 2009

Say goodbye to...Blue Diamond nut thins.

A friend recently sent me a box of Pecan Nut Thins. After eating them I became really sick. There was nothing else new introduced to my diet that week, so I couldn't help but think it had to of been these. My stomach was turning inside out, unable to digest them, and I had a headache/migraine for the next 5 days to follow.  When I looked closer at the box, under the ingredients it said, 'Processed and manufactured in a plant that also makes products with wheat.' I know that I'm super sensitive to even the trace amounts. I became really upset since the Celiac Disease Foundation's logo was on the front of the box. It was very contradicting to have those two things on the same product. After contacting both the Celiac Disease Foundation and the Blue Diamond company about this, I received no helpful or positive feedback. Disappointed, I wanted to share this with the celiac community.

No comments:

Post a Comment