Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Say hello to...home grown herbs.

There's nothing like using fresh herbs in a home cooked meal. The difference in taste can't even be compared to dried herbs. But, since it's difficult to find fresh herbs in Seoul (atleast the kinds that westerners use), I've been using a lot of McCormick Home Gourmet spices. That is, up until I decided to grow my very own herbs. I'm starting with a few; rosemary, basil, lemon verbana, lemon thyme and peppermint, but hope to expand them once I get my hands on some more seeds! I highly recommend trying this for yourself if you haven't already :)

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty pot!

    I just got home from the garden center myself, with mini plants of basil, rosemary, peppermint, and parsley in tow.

    I'm looking forward to see how we both use 'em!

    - Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Were you able to find the grow-able herbs in Seoul? I'm excited to be heading out this Wednesday for Korea ~ it should be an adventure! I've done lots of research, so we'll see how it goes. I still love your blog and can't wait to try some more of your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate :) You can find starter plants here in Seoul (peppermint, basil, rosemary) but I also had my parents mail some lettuce, cilantro, and parsley seeds. It's a bit hard to grow during the monsoon season (wet and humid) but I'm trying ;)

    Have a safe flight, and don't hesitate to ask me anything!

    ReplyDelete