Monday, May 18, 2009

Say hello to...gluten-free oats.


You may be wondering if people with celiacs can have oats, and if so, which ones? Since my last post included a recipe that had oats, I decided that I should talk more about this subject. It took me a while before I really understood that I couldn't eat just any kind of oats. There are several companies who sell 'certified gluten-free oats,' which are oats that are farmed, harvested, processed and packed using special methods to avoid cross-contamination with gluten to make the purest of oats. Since I'm originally from Saskatchewan, I'll have to recommend Only Oats from Saskatchewan, Canada first :) But of course there are other great companies like,
Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Oats, Gluten Free Oats from Wyoming, Cream Hill Estates in Quebec, Canada, and Gifts of Nature in Montana. Click here to read more on oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment