Friday, May 15, 2009

Say hello to...ranger cookies.

My sister adapted this recipe from an old cookbook she had laying around. She surprised me with these cookies the last time that I went to visit her. Although they can be a tad crumbly, they have such a unique taste from other typical cookies.

Ingredients:
1 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp gf vanilla extract
1/2 tsp gf baking powder
1 tsp gf baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups gf flour
2 cups gf rice krispy cereal
2 cups gf oats
1 cup coconut
1 cup raisins

1. Pre-heat oven at 350 F.

2. Cream together first 5 ingredients. Mix and add the remaining ingredients.

3. Form mixture into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet. Cook 12-15 minutes.

For a tasty dessert, serve cookies fresh out of the oven with a scoop of gf vanilla ice cream/ soy ice cream :)

*If you don't have access to gluten-free oats, the recipe should still stay together without them.

1 comment:

  1. I love the header of your blog :) -- big hello kitty fan myself.

    These cookies look delicious, I've yet to get ahold of some gf oats, I'm saving up for 'em! lol

    ReplyDelete